KOSHOJI - JAPAN
Kohshoji was founded by the Zen priest Dogen and later rebuilt by Naomasa Nagai, lord of Yodo Castle, in 1648 when it had become a ruin. Since then, the temple was the family temple of the Nagai family. Temple first belonged to the Tendai Buddhism, but changed to the Sin Buddhism and managed large barracks in 1585. The temple held religious census registers, serving as a register office. People visited the temple when they had babies, which gave it another name, "Ubudera" (the temple of childbirth). With Mt. Asahi in the background, the Temple creates a scenic beauty in itself.