CHIKCHISA - KOREA
Chikchisa was built in the foothills of Mt. Hwang-aksan and originally consisted of 40 buildings. It is believed to have been originally established in 418 , during the reign of King Nulchi ( 417-458) by Master Ado. It lies northwest of Taegu . The temple is famous for its blue-tiled roofs, the 1,000-year-old support pillars of the main gate, and the 1,000 small statues ol the Buddha as a baby. Chikchisa also has a famous bell, cast in 1713. On the upper part of the bell, the mantras for breaking the hells and Om Mani Padme Hum are inscribed.