YONGGUNGSA - KOREA
The motto of Haedong Yonggungsa is situated near the sea. The great Buddhist teacher known as Naong established Yonggungsa in 1376 during the Goryeo Dynasty. The main sanctuary was reconstructed in 1970 with careful attention paid to the colors that were traditionally used in such structures. In front of the main sanctuary is a three-story pagoda with 4 lions symbolizing joy, anger, sadness, and happiness. Other special sites at the temple are the 108 stairs and stone lanterns lining the rocky landscape.