WAT CHANG LOM - THAILAND
Wat Chang Lom is located within the old town of Si Satchanalai ( Sukhothai ) with a huge bell-shaped chedi of Ceylonese influence, supported by 39 elephants, with 4 of them at 4 cardinal points elaborately decorated, marks the center of the Wat. Some of them are still recognizable today. The main pagoda was built between AD 1285 - 1291 by the King Ramkhamhaeng. Above the chedi's base, there are niches enshrining image of the Buddha subduing Mara.