Pusoksa or Buseok-sa was built in 676 by Uisang after he received orders from the King Munmu (661-681) ruled the Silla Dynasty . Later in 1016 (reign of King Hyeonjong), Great Buddhist Monk Wonyung renovated Muryangsujeon . After that it was renovated many times . The temple is of the Hwaom sect of Buddhism . Pusoksa means Temple of the Floating Stone , because of a large rock beside the western hall that appears to float above the stones underneath. The temple has many treasures: the flagpole supports, the Koryo wood-blocks, the pudo, the two stone pagodas, and the monument to Master Wonyung.

Buseoksa temple